Digestive Support comes in convenient capsule form. Capsules may be swallowed whole by larger dogs. However, most owners find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a treat and prevent stress to both pet and owner!
Cats especially hate to have capsules forced down their throats and will happily eat the dried herb when it is mixed with a treat, a little fish or rolled into a butter ball.
Cats: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs under 20 lbs: 1/2 capsule twice daily
Dogs 20-50 lbs: 1 capsule twice daily
Dogs over 50 lbs: 1-2 capsules twice daily
Caution: Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not been established. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a health care professional. Keep this and all medicines from the reach of children.
Digestive Support can be used concurrently with Natural Moves for Pets™, which helps maintain regular bowel movements in dogs and cats.
How long until I see results?
Pets can differ widely in their response times to herbal remedies depending on individual makeup, lifestyle and diet. Some may experience a general feeling of wellness within days, while for others it may take longer before an effect is felt.
Often, as in the case of all good tonics, a gradual improvement is felt over time. Best results are achieved when Digestive Support is administered consistently along with a healthy lifestyle.
Get optimum support with regular use
Natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in the body to support systemic health. The natural ingredients in our remedies support overall health and functioning.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways. To ensure your pet maintains optimum health it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that giving your pet a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support. Many customers report using it regularly as part of a maintenance program that supports continued health and well-being of their beloved animals.
What else can help?
According to many experts and followers of holistic health, the best diet for dogs and cats is a raw diet. Cooked food, pasteurized milk and other processed foods are thought to be damaging to the health of animals.
Everything in the anatomy of dogs and cats points to a raw meat-based diet as being what they were designed for. They have sharp teeth, short intestines, and highly-concentrated digestive secretions to digest raw meat.
- Do not change diet suddenly, but slowly introduce fresh, raw and unprocessed food into your pet’s daily diet, while reducing commercial foods and foods with little nutritious value.
- Keep diet varied and interesting, but watch out for foods that your pet may be allergic to.
- Regular exercise helps to build up a healthy appetite and gets all organs in the body functioning well. It also helps to relieve stress and contributes to a healthy, happy pet!
- Animals need time outdoors where they can naturally seek out herbs that will help them maintain the health of their digestive system. All carnivorous animals, including dogs and cats, will naturally induce vomiting from time to time as a cleansing process to get rid of excess bile, mucus and other impurities. They do this by eating plants which will induce purging. This is healthy and animals should not be reprimanded for it!
- Add green sprouts to your pet’s food every day. This is an easy way to improve digestion and supply much-needed vitamins, amino acids, and trace elements.
- Consult a holistic veterinarian for advice about the health problems associated with routine vaccination and regular antibiotic use.
How long will a bottle last?
One bottle of Digestive Support contains 60 capsules and depending on the size of your pet will last 15-60 days.